Sunday, August 2, 2009

Split, Croatia


Split is the largest city on the Dalmatian coast of Croatia. The city contains many Roman ruins and various Gothic stone buildings, the most famous of which are in the Diolectian‘s Palace complex. There are stone beaches nearby, but I doubt the water quality is good as there is a large harbor in the center of the city. Roman and I spent only a few hours wondering around the old town and harbor as we were mainly using the city as a base to explore Hvar island.

Also, another curious observation was the hordes of locals who bombard tourists at the bus station with offers of cheap, nearby rooms to stay in. Roman and I ended up staying with this old woman for about $20 each, which is pricey for Croatia. For that we shared a private bedroom. I was bummed at having to pay for accommodation as this was the first night I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment