Sunday, August 2, 2009

Belgrade, Serbia


Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, is one of the least touristed cities I have visited so far. Maybe this has to do with the media portraying Serbia in a negative light. The city has few tourist sites and elegant, old architecture, but its friendly people more than make up for that. Serbia has some of the most tourist-friendly people in the world. For example, one man said to me “welcome to Serbia”. I say go to Belgrade to meet and chat with its amiable residents.

My highlight was going to Kalemegdan Fortress and savoring in the view of the Sava and Danube rivers. It is also in Belgrade where I first saw signs in Cyrillic and the prominence of Orthodox churches.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I knew you were headed to Belgrade - one of my very best friends lives there and he could have shown you an amazing time. -Bryan

    ReplyDelete